<$BlogRSDURL$>




The Silver Screen
Covering the past, present, and future of motion pictures, this blog is a record of one film-buff's viewing experiences, opinions, and recommendations...
Tuesday, August 30, 2005
 
Back at it... (aka 6-month recap)
Unfortunately, my movie-going slowed quite a bit during the spring and the summer. (Reasons... School, lack of $$$, and WoW...) Hopefully, I'll get back into the swing of things soon... In the mean time, I thought I'd mention a few films a saw over the last half-year that I though were worth-while (they are mostly Genre films, but remember I am stuck in Spokane, WA)...

Batman Begins - I love you Christopher Nolan!! FU Joel!! Katie is annoying, but watchable... Batman back to being Batman and not being... well... Gay Batman... Good stuff!

Sin City - Flawless adaptation of Frank Miller's comic... I've watched it three times since buying the DVD... Loved it!

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - Johnny Depp is fantastic again... what else is new? BTW... To the people who think Depp is imitating Michael Jackson... YOU ARE READING THINGS IN THAT WERE NEVER THERE!!! SHEESH!!! Willy Wonka is not a pedophile...

Star Wars Episode III - Revenge of the Sith - Is it a film without flaws? No... But is it a film that manages to capture the spirit of the originals? Yes!

Well... That is all I can think of for now... Hope to see you again soon!


Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com