<$BlogRSDURL$>




The Silver Screen
Covering the past, present, and future of motion pictures, this blog is a record of one film-buff's viewing experiences, opinions, and recommendations...
Wednesday, January 26, 2005
 
Oscar Noms Reaction

Where is Paul Giamatti???

I'm stunned frankly. This marks the second year in a row that he has been overlooked (also for last year's American Splendor). Clint Eastwood's nomination surprised me, but I haven't seen Million Dollar Baby yet so I can't commment on it. Ditto for Don Cheadle. Johnny Depp was solid and in many ways perfectly subtle in Finding Neverland, but it didn't initially strike me as an Oscar calibur performance. All this discussion I suppose is probably moot since, the hype machine is practically engraving Jamie Foxx's name on the statue. I'm not sure how exactly I feel about two of the acting front runners (Foxx and Blanchett) being nominated for doing what amounts to an impersonation of a famous person...

Other reations of note...



Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com